Wednesday, January 16, 2008

William Saroyan in "The Bucket List"



Yes, this is one of my "Armenian pride" posts, you know the kind: you hear an Armenian name mentioned in a movie, an Armenian name in its credits, or anything Armenian in the most unexpected of places. Well, in watching the new film The Bucket List, which I would wholeheartedly recommend to everyone, there is just such a mention!

You see, the movie is about two unlikely pals who are terminally ill but decide to live life to the fullest anyway. In this setting, William Saroyan's play,The Time of Your Life, is briefly mentioned. It turns out parts of the play were also used in Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End!

How great is that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I'm sure I'll enjoy the reference when I see it.

Anonymous said...

The 2007 Russian film Izgnanie (The Banishment) is based on a story by Saroyan.