Blog Archive

Friday, April 13, 2007

The Curious Case of the Sister Misses


Miss Armenia 2001


Miss Armenia 2003

Remember the the recent post about Miss Armenia 1998? Before I make any blog entry, I do a quick research to make sure I know what I'm talking about. At first, I planned to cover all the girls that have become Miss Armenias, but decided not to when I noticed a lack of high-quality pictures. Oh, but there was something else, as well.

Let's take it one step at a time.

Miss Armenia 2001 is named Irina Tovmasyan; Miss Armenia 2003 is named Lusine Tovmasyan. If you haven't guessed already, they are sisters. However, the leader of the Armenian Communist Party is named Ruben Tovmasyan. Coincidence? Let's make some connections:

I love Armenian girls: they are pretty. Of course, the prettiest is my beautiful girlfriend, but that's besides the point. Two sisters, winning Miss Armenia two years apart, neither jumping out at me as being extraordinarily beautiful, and being connected - possibly as grand-daughters - to the ruler of Armenia's Communist Party. Call me paranoid, but the likelihood of the Tovmasian Sisters having both the luck and the beauty - and a few other things - to become Miss Armenia within two years of each other is simply not possible.

Obvious? Maybe! But it's even juicier with the facts, isn't it?

Pictures from Ardani.net

10 comments:

Mediapitek said...

Rhyne - I think that this time you're just being paranoic :)

Rhyne said...

I'm having a Sherlock Holmes moment, my dear Watson. :)

Anonymous said...

I personally don't find them attractive at all. I'm sure Armenia has better looking girls. So I completely agree with you-its no coincidence!

Anonymous said...

I didn't even know about Irina when i saw Lucine and thought damn if that is the prettiest girl in Armenia, what has our poor country come to. Not only is our country going down in morals but their physicalities is going down the drain too. No offense though to our American Armenians we are hot!!! Cuz our Miss USA is actually hot and im sure she didnt have a grandfather in the confederate party.

Anonymous said...

I have seen way better looking Armenian girls than that. Being connected has alot to say about their wins. After all, who you know and how much you can dish out still remains in the post communist era. Plus, we do it here too in US. It's in the form of charity donations and stuff...

Hayk said...

Dears,
I know Irina and Lusine Tovmasyans. And believe me they deserve beeing Miss Armenia.
They are very clever,kind and pretty beautiful. I hope they will reach their dreams soon.
I respect them much.
Hayk.

Rhyne said...

That's great that you know them, but you didn't refute any of the opinions presented! :)

Anonymous said...

When I read these comments, I got really disappointed in people and now I became sure that the majority of the people are jealous. Instead of being happy that we have such beautiful girls in our country, you are writing such comments. Shame on you!!!
Indeed I find these two sisters very attractive and they really deserve to be miss not only for their beauty but also for their intellect, that is nowdays very rare thing.

Unknown said...

Dear Anonymous,
thank you for your kind support. These sisters deserve the best comments. They are so cute and smart, not only beautiful.
Have a nice day.
Hayk

Anonymous said...

I don't know about the looks, taste differ...but i doubt about intellect...