Blog Archive

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Dual Citizens Can't Vote In May Elections



If you remember from our report on Armenia's passing of dual citizenship, those living in foreign lands but with Armenian citizenship would be allowed to vote in elections. It turns out that's not the case.
Only the residents of the Republic of Armenia will participate on the May 12 parliamentary elections though the RA Government has passed the packet on "Dual Citizenship".

"Dual citizens will not participate in the parliamentary elections as currently we don’t have dual citizens as such".
This will matter to me on the day that I decide to join the Armenian Army. Otherwise, I don't care and neither should you.

Source: A1+

2 comments:

Dtownhye said...

Hey, I found out that if youre 28 or older, you dont have to do the military service to get dual citizenship.

Rhyne said...

Great find! Can you provide a source so I can update the blog?