Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Advertisements for Armenia: One Approach to Charity



I've been thinking about the numerous charities in Armenia and how they could use all the help they can get. Whether supporting mentally challenged orphans or Armenia's dying forests, there are numerous legitimate charities which are working hard to improve the lives of those less fortunate. As I'm not wealthy enough to personally support these charities myself, I've decided to use Armenia Blog as a vehicle to that end.

I've partnered with Google to place advertisements on the blog. When these advertisements are clicked on, the blog receives a few cents from Google. The advertisements constantly change to match the topic of the page: that is, they try to be relvant to what you're reading about.

Long story short, my goal is to collect the revenues from these advertisements and at the end of the year and donate them to a legitimate Armenian charity or charities, depending on the total amount generated. Furthermore, I will attempt a fundraising drive before the end of the year to boost the dollar amount even more. Naturally, you will known the amount generated at the end of the year and you may even have the ability to vote for the certain charities that will receive the sum.

The ads will appear with red text.

I hope that Armenia Blog and you, its readers, will contribute to important Armenian charities. Thank you so much for being on-board with this experimental project!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow this is sooo cool im totally on board. I can't wait to hear about the results. We truely need more people like you rooting for the Armenian people. Thank you so much for taking your time and creating such a project.

P.S. You can count on a hefty donation from me!