Blog Archive

Monday, February 19, 2007

One Man And His Armenian Musical Instruments



I love blogging about things like this. Why? Because it is about one man and his passion for something which harms no one, and in fact, pleases just about everyone.
Musician Manouk Haroutyunyan has always dreamed of a musical instrument that will be unique and unmatched on the universal level and won’t resemble any European violins and kamanchas. He has carried out researches on national musical instruments, made an instrument of five wires, maple and pear tree woods and called it jut. The latter, in fact, is one of the most ancient Armenian instruments.

"There were moments when I was on the verge of giving up; I decided to sell my collection and buy a flat for my son, but later I changed my mind as the aim of my life is not the purchase of an apartment", he says.

"Once I found the door of my workshop unlocked; someone had broken into my little world and taken the food and trifles; the burglar understood nothing of real works of art", tells the musician.
Don't you just love that anecdote?

Source: A1+

No comments: